For the last 18 years, the Forestry Institute for Teachers (FIT) has provided K-12 teachers with knowledge, skills and tools to effectively teach their students about forest ecology and forest resource management practices. Please click for more information.
Helping People Help Themselves
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2013 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-UC Experts Offer GMO Information September 2014
Highlights of recent activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
- July 2012 SOD Update
A newsletter about SOD on the northcoast
Click here to join our Mailing List!
The California drought is expected to change planting patterns for the state's agricultural industry, reported Clint Jasper on Australian Rural Radio. Jasper interviewed Louise Ferguson, UC Cooperative Extension specialist and director of the UC Fruit...
There is plenty of vacant land that could potentially be farmed in urban Los Angeles County, but there are hoops to jump before a hoe can rake through the earth, reported Rick Paulas in a Q&A article with UC Cooperative Extension advisor Rachel...
Produce tasting, nutritional tips and raffles were part of a celebration around the release on Monday of a new guide to local fruit and vegetables in Santa Cruz County, reported Donna Jones in the Santa Cruz Sentinel. The 40-page booklet - titled...
The California drought is helping UC Cooperative Extension advisor Larry Forero focus his outreach program. Forero is working closely with livestock producers to help them maximize the benefit they get from the water they have available, according to a...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org