UCCE Humboldt–Del Norte serves as a northern hub for the California Fire Science Consortium. The consortium provides a clearinghouse for fire science information and encourages collaboration and networking around fire science and management throughout the state. Please click for more information.
Helping People Help Themselves
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2013 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-UCCE Humboldt-Del Norte Livestock News and Information JAN2015
Highlights of recent activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
Click here to join our Mailing List!
Winegrape growers who rely on groundwater are worried about the dismal rainy season so far, reported Ed Joyce on Capital Public Radio. He quoted the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration as saying that, barring "epic rain and snowfall," the...
By hiring 68 new UC Cooperative Extension advisors and specialists since 2010 - and with 23 positions being actively recruited plus more planned - UC leaders are reversing a downward trend in the number of UCCE academic staff, reported Ching Lee in...
A study conducted by scientists from UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Cooperative Extension and the U.S. Geological Survey found that since 1930, the density of large trees in California has decreased, reported John Fowler of KTVU News Channel 2. The story...
Each winter, thousands of "snow birds" land in the Southern California desert to enjoy the warm and dry climate. They are short-term refugees, many of them senior citizens, escaping cold weather in northern states and Canada. Winter visitors also have...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org