Succession planning involves four important elements: estate planning, retirement planning, transfer planning and business planning for the next generation. It can be overwhelming to take it all on at once. Please click for more information.
Helping People Help Themselves
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2013 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-Sandy Sathrum Retirement and 4-H Volunteers July 2014
Highlights of recent activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
- July 2012 SOD Update
A newsletter about SOD on the northcoast
Click here to join our Mailing List!
One way or another, most California almond farmers are managing to keep their orchards irrigated this year, reported Megan Durisin on Bloomberg.com. In the article, Merced County farmer Bob Weimer said he added a 12th well to draw water from the aquifer...
The California drought will cost the state's agriculture industry about $1 billion in lost revenue, reported David Pierson in the Los Angeles Times. Total statewide economic cost of the drought was calculated to be $2.2 billion. The story was based on a...
A terrorist attack on U.S. food or water supplies is a terrifying thought, but a very real possibility. A team of UC scientists who are part of the Western Institute for Food Safety and Security (WIFFS) are working to protect American agriculture from...
Rather than pinning hopes on a possible El Niño in the Pacific Ocean to alleviate the California drought, a UC expert suggested the state's residents should continue to prepare for the worst, reported Inside Climate News. Reporter Amy Nordrum...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org