The ever-growing importance of water, pollinators, and food production inspired a fun and informative 'science day' in California last year. On May 8th, the UC system hosted three separate statewide science projects for the purpose of developing helpful community maps.
Helping People Help Themselves
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2013 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-UCCE Humboldt-Del Norte 4-H NEWS - Thomas - FEB2015
Highlights of recent activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
Click here to join our Mailing List!
Lindsay Jordan has joined the academic staff of UC Agriculture and Natural Resources as a UC Cooperative Extension viticulture advisor for Merced, Mariposa and Madera counties, reported Jane Firstenfeld in Wines and Vines. Jordan has a master's degree...
Corn silage producers can get 'more crop per drop" with deficit irrigation, however productivity will decline, reported Dennis Pollock in Western Farm Press. Pollack based the story on a seminar at the World Ag Expo earlier this month presented by Mark...
Reporter Dennis Taylor of the Visalia Times-Delta wrote about research results recently published by UC Agriculture and Natural Resources scientists that may allow farmers to be part of carbon cap-and-trade agreements. Taylor interviewed lead researcher...
A 12-week training session for the UC Agriculture and Natural Resources' California Naturalist program is scheduled to begin on March 12 at the UC Merced Vernal Pools and Grasslands Reserve, reported Lorena Anderson of the UC Merced communications...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org