The first Master Food Preservers train-the-trainer program was held in May 2012 and included 8 all-day classes using a combination of lectures, videos, and hands-on preparation of preserved foods. Please click for more information
Helping People Help Themselves
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2014 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-UCCE Humboldt-Del Norte January Newsletter - JAN2016
Highlights of recent and upcoming activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
Click here to join our Mailing List!
In a new report, the U.S. Forest Service said that drought conditions accelerate invasion of invasive plant species on grasslands in the West, leading to wind and water erosion, reported Tove Danovich in Takepart.com. Poor management of grazed...
The UC Master Food Preserver program is teaching Californians how to safely preserve their summer bounty for winter consumption, reported Pamela Kan-Rice in Edible Sacramento magazine. In years past, canning knowledge was passed down from grandmothers...
Pierce's disease of grapes has been a persistent problem in some areas of California and, right now, it's on the upswing, reported Ester Mobley in the San Francisco Chronicle. A UC Agriculture and Natural Resources researcher has been working for 15...
A surge in the price of almonds in 2014 has cut demand and resulted in a lower price for the 2015 California almond crop, reported Tom Philpott in Mother Jones. Despite the state's four-year drought, almond production continued its steady rise over...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
Here is a link poultry enthusiasts may find helpful. UC Coopertaive Extension Poultry
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org