The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), new to Humboldt and Del Norte Counties, promotes good nutrition and physical activity as a means of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. For more information on EFNEP, please click here.
Helping People Help Themselves
4-H Job Opportunity
The University of California Cooperative Extension is seeking a Community Educator (CE) for the 4-H Youth Development Program. The CE will provide leadership, guidance, and coordination for the Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 4-H programs. The mission of 4-H is to engage youth, ages 5-19, to reach their full potential through learn-by-doing leadership opportunities while advancing the field of youth development.
The Community Educator will:
- recruit, orient and provide ongoing assistance, training and technical assistance for UC 4-H volunteers and parents;
- promote UC 4-H and recruit youth members for existing and new clubs and programs;
- act as the UC 4-H staff liaison with volunteer leadership groups;
- monitor compliance of UC 4-H enrollment, policies and procedures; and
- assist the supervisor on evaluation of program effectiveness and fiscal oversight.
To apply for this position:
- complete the online application
- and upload cover letter and resume within the online application.
Application deadline is Monday, October 13, 2014.
- Humboldt and Del Norte Counties 2013 Year in Review
To learn more about what we do
-15 Ways UCCE is Working for You
Examples of our work in your community
-UC Experts Offer GMO Information September 2014
Highlights of recent activities
-4-H Handbook for Members and Families
To learn more about 4-H
- July 2012 SOD Update
A newsletter about SOD on the northcoast
Click here to join our Mailing List!
Fresno County 4-H member Tanner Rosales and his goat Bonnie graced the cover of October's Central Valley magazine as time for showing the animal at the Big Fresno Fair approaches. Tanner, 10, hails from a family with a long 4-H tradition. Mom Kellie...
Finally, some good news about the drought. Dry conditions have apparently curbed the spread of sudden oak death in 12 coastal California counties, reported Guy Kovner in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. "If we had one more year of drought, it would really...
The calendar says fall, but California's mild climate isn't the only thing that's confusing the seasons. An expert with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California says the lack of rainfall, declining groundwater levels and irrigation cutbacks...
When Los Angeles Times columnist Sandy Banks shared her disappointment with her summer garden, she got words of encouragement straight from Missy Gable, the director of the UC's Statewide Master Gardener Program. Gable commiserated with Banks, saying her...
Make a Gift Online
Humboldt County Office
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503-6998
Phone: (707) 445-7351
Fax: (707) 444-9334
Del Norte County Office
586 G St.
Crescent City, CA 95531
phone: (707) 464-4711
fax: (707) 464-7520
e-mail: UCCE Del Norte
Eureka Sea Grant Extension Office
2 Commercial Street, Suite 4
Eureka, CA 95501
New and updated links at UC ANR. Be sure to browse the online catalog!
New Free Publications:
Recently Updated Free Pest Management Guidelines:
New Free Pest Note:
Below is a collection of excellent informational resources to help
you in the home, garden or with your agriculture or natural resource business.
- Pest management information for your home or garden ucipm.ucdavis.edu
- Forestry resources, publications and big ideas on how to steward California forest lands ucanr.org/sites/forestry
- Tips on how to grow a successful home orchard homeorchard.ucdavis.edu
- Small and family farms resources and information sfp.ucdavis.edu
- Research-based information on important issues facing the horticulture industry ohric.ucdavis.edu
- Downloadable publications regarding agriculture and natural resources anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- UC research-based information, accomplishments, and statewide extension activities in planting, growing, and harvesting fruits and nuts fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu
- Information relevant to California vegetable consumers, growers and processors vric.ucdavis.edu
- Research in weed management wric.ucdavis.edu
- Information related to production, harvest and processing of foods ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu
- More information from UCCE around the state ucanr.org