Cost-Share Funding Workshop
Cost-share Funding Announcement
California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP) Training Presentations
Thanks to all who attended the CFIP Training in January! To view the program power point presentations, please click the PDF links below.
What is CFIP - A state funded program aimed at improving the economic value and environmental quality of nonfederal lands. Program is 75%-90% cost share.
Minimum Qualifications: Property must be 20 to 5,000 acres, with at least 10% tree cover and zoning must allow forest management.
Who is eligible: Individuals, Groups, Tax paying entities, Associations and Corporations.
Currently there is $1.5 million dollars of statewide funding for CFIP projects for fiscal year 2016-17.
CAL FIRE hosted a California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP) training short course for CALFIRE Foresters and consulting RPFs. NRCS Staff also presented current information on the Environmental Quality Incentives Program:
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Humboldt County Agriculture Center located at 5630 South Broadway, Eureka, CA.
- Friday, January 27, 2017, from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the NRCS Service Center located at 5401 Old Redwood Hwy, Petaluma, CA
- Program budget outlook
- How to prepare applications, agreements and project descriptions
- Management plan preparation
- Environmental review of projects
- Conservation practices and their NRCS EQIP rates
- Using CFIP to fund fuel reduction projects
- NRCS Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)