Del Norte County 4-H Events
4-H events allow 4-H members to showcase their project work and earn recognition in a formal manner. These activities allow members to receive feedback on their work, explore new opportunities through other projects, and apply their knowledge gained through their 4-H projects.
Achievement Night is when the results from the county record book judging are announced and where members receive their pins for Completed Year, Gold Record Book, Proficiency Completion, Distinguished Speaker Award, Community Service Proficiency, Judging Proficiency, County Fair Awards, Showmanship Awards and recognition of Outstanding 4-H Leaders.
- September 10, 2021 - Forms Due in 4-H Office
- September 20, 2021 - Achievement Night
- Arts and Crafts Building, Fairgrounds
California Focus is a unique citizenship educational experience that combines hands-on participation workshops, debates, and simulations with outstanding speakers and historical, cultural, and government sites. California's capital city, Sacramento, becomes a "living classroom" for this five day packed adventure. This conference is for youth ages 14-19.
- June , 2022 California Focus Trip
- Sacramento, CA
- Be an enrolled 4-H member and have completed 8th grade.
Registration Online: http://4h.ucanr.edu/4-H_Events/CF
Come and have some holiday fun at the 4-H Countywide Christmas Party. There will be a gift exchange, games for young and old, piñata's and refreshments.
- Saturday, December 11, 2021 - Christmas Party
- Dining Room, Fairgrounds, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- A gift labeled with age and boy or girl.
- Canned food for community food basket.
Fashion Revue is a competitive event for youth who are enrolled and complete the 4-H clothing and textile projects. As a part of these projects, youth learn about and practice clothing construction, consumerism, appearance, grooming habits, clothing selection and more. Its primary purpose is to build self-confidence in young people by helping them find the style that suits them best and work on grooming, posture and stage presence. Members may purchase an outfit or sew a garment for the event. The sewn category may use new fabric or the recycling of an old garment into a new one. This event is open to all 4-H members.
Judging will be based on the fit and appearance of the garment as well as the presentation of the outfit. Members will be grouped by age, with 16 and older members grouped together in the senior division, and will be judged by age and category. You may enter more than one category, but you may only receive a medal in one.
- March 26, 2022 - County Fashion Revue
- Addie Meedom, 1:00 p.m.
Home Ec Day lets 4-H members show off some of their projects they have been working on throughout the year. Categories include: Arts and Crafts, Cake Decorating, Clothing and Textiles, Creative Cookies, Crochet, Home Furnishings, Leathercraft and Table Setting.
- Entry Forms Due: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- March 5, 2022 - March 6, 2022 - Home Ec Day
- Arts & Crafts Building, Fairgrounds
County Presentation Day gives members an opportunity to show off their public speaking skills in a variety of ways, including presentation, speech, demonstration, skit, or table-top display. By going through the process of giving a presentation, members learn how to research a subject, organize ideas in a logical order, and practice public speaking skills which are valuable later in life. Every member is encouraged to give a presentation each year.
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022 - Entry Forms Due
- Sunday, March 6, 2022 - County Presentation Day
- Arts & Crafts Building, Fairgrounds
Regional Presentation Day gives members an opportunity to show off their public speaking skills in a variety of ways, including presentation, speech, demonstration, skit, or table-top display. By going through the process of giving a presentation, members learn how to research a subject, organize ideas in a logical order, and practice public speaking skills which are valuable later in life. Every member is encouraged to give a presentation each year.
- April , 2022 - Regional Presentation Day
- Lake County
Soup Supper and Country Auction is the only county wide fund raising event. The money raised helps support county wide events, awards, citizenship travel, office expenses and scholarships.
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Main Building, Fairgrounds, 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
4-H Families can help by:
- Purchasing tickets to the event.
- Selling tickets to the event.
- Requesting donation items.
- Picking up donation items.
- Donating items for the country auction.
- Helping at the event.